Compact Disc: So you want to be a Travel Writer
As a travel writer, I give honest answers to the probing questions of media specialist and author, Penny Sansevieri, in this CD. We explore topics such as:
- What is the best background for a travel writer and what is your background?
- Where should a beginning travel writer begin?
- How do you decide what to write about?
- What is the most important element of an interesting travel article?
- What is the key ingredient to getting published?
- How important is photography for a travel writer? And if you’re not a photographer, what are the best sources for photography?
- Can you address the advantages and disadvantages of a freelance travel writer vs. a staffer?
- These days safety is an issue. Are you concerned about safety during your travels?
- How should a beginning travel writer approach the subject of fees with a publication?
- I’ve heard the IRS sometimes doesn’t consider travel writing a legitimate career. Is that true? And if so, what do you do to dispel this misconception and to avoid or best prepare for audits?
- Are your travel expenses paid by you, the publication, whom?
- What about money? As a travel writer, can you support yourself?
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER
$10.00 (plus $2.00 shipping and handling)
For additional information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To order: make check payable to "Cynthia Dial" and mail to Cynthia Dial, c/o Kent Dial, 3810 Valley Center Drive, Suite 906, San Diego, CA 92130. (Don’t forget to include your mailing address.)